Nutrition Program

The Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County serve as sites and sponsors for the USDA meal and snack programs, providing healthy meals, and snacks to children during out-of-school times, while also supporting educational and enrichment programs that keep children learning, engaged, and safe when school is not in session. 

Through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and the Child and Adult Care Program (CACFP), the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County reported serving 197,414 meals and snacks for 2019 to youth at no cost.  This program provides a valuable resource to individuals with the greatest need, and for many children these maybe the only nutritious meals they enjoy on a normal day.


Both SFSP and CACFP provide valuable services to individuals and their families with the greatest of needs.  When members are served healthy meals and snacks, the Boys & Girls Club is not only helping to fulfill the hunger that many children face daily as well as engaging these children in education and enrichment activities. To inquire about either of these programs, please contact Chelsea Dow, Nutrition Coordinator.


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal Civil Rights Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.


Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
       Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
       1400 Independence Avenue, SW
        Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)   email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.